Monday, March 06, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me... Blah Blah Blah

Who has time for birthdays? I know I sure don't.

First I thought the crappy life, cancer, and disorder were bad karma from another life. I figured I was probably Bonnie (Bonnie and Clyde) in my last life and must pay for it in this one.

Now though I know that this busy hectic life I'm leading now is payback for all the "I wish I just had a life" complaining I use to do! All I had to do to get a life was start homeschooling. Who knew?

I have no time to celebrate my birthday today. This morning I have to take the little guy to his first Rhythm & Movement class, then come home and fix a very quick lunch so I can shoot back out the door to take the older two to their Science Class. While they are in class I have to go to Walgreen's and pick up some prescriptions, then to the dollar store for sand toys for lil man for park days, and then back to pick up the oldest two heathens. THEN it's off to the library to pick up the books I have on hold, home to start some schoolwork that we really do need to get done, make dinner, bathe the monkeyboy, have everyone do their chores, clean the living room, finish up the schoolwork, read to the kids, and then collapse in a heap on the floor.

I will be so damn tired I won't know if I'm 31 or 81, whether it's 10am or 10pm, and I sure as hell won't know if I just got back or if I'm on my way out! The hubby will be sleeping the day away (he works graveyards) while I'm doing all this. I want his job! Especially since if you ask him he will tell you that I don't do anything all day. *eyeroll*

I'm happy I've made it another year so I could enjoy my kids. That is celebration enough don't you think? Sounds pretty great to me.

Oh who am I kidding? Mama's hittin' the wine bottle tonight! Even if it makes me sick (damn medications!) at least I'll have fun getting there! Whose bringing the margaritas and Crown & Coke?

6 comments:

Jo said...

Thanks girl and you being a Pisces too explains why I read your blog and think it sounds just like me! LOL.

The lil guy ended up sleeping through his class so we're screwed on that one for another three weeks and the hubby stayed up all day messing with his damn computer. THAT pisses me off but I've learned that complaining gets me nowhere. I'd throw the damn thing out but he'd just start over on a new one. *sigh*

My birthday present didn't get here so I'm off to bitch an an ebay seller for awhile. :)

All it all it was all right. I've programed the kids to say that I'm 29 from here on out. LMFAO

contemplator said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

You're here and you're kickin', and that's a present to *me*!

Happy Birthday, Jo, and many sincere returns.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ~ even if a it's a little one, enjoy your celebration.

Jo said...

Thanks ladies. :)

My Kwan Yin statue came today and I guess I should have paid more attention to the measurements because while gorgeous, she is only 5" tall and I was wanting a 10" tall one. It's okay though, I decided to act spoiled and I'm keeping her and back on the lookout for the perfect lady for my alter upstairs again. :)

Robin said...

Hi Jo,
so sorry I missed your birthday.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

I don't believe for one minute that you are working out bad karma from a previous life. Sometimes your life is not for you to learn from but for you to teach others.

My cousin was born with a rare disease 48 years ago. He died 8 years ago. He taught people so many things while he was here. Personally,I learned that just because someone says you can't do something is no reason to not do it! He did more in 40 years than most people do in 80 years.

I believe each day we have on this planet is a gift even if we don't have the body we think we deserve.
I think this lifetime is for you to educate people and teach them the importance of living life to the fullest. I know that may not seem fair and maybe I'm not even right about it,who knows?

All I can say is that I have had past life memories and in one life I was very poor and starving and I had to care for many siblings so I stole some bread for a bakery. Right there and then I vowed in my next life,I would never be hungry again. Damn that wish! I have had many overeating problems in this lifetime. Now I am starting to get a handle on them.

Celebrate and rejoice in your life. You are a very special person.Every birthday should be a huge celebration of your success.
Hugs to you,sweetie!

Jo said...

Thanks Robin, you honestly made me teary. :)

On my birthday I did take a moment to say thank you for allowing me one more year with my kids. That's how I view my life now...in years. Every year that I'm given one more year it means that is one more years worth of memories they will have of me when I am gone. At this point, that and the lil guy being able to remember me are all I ask for.