Friday, August 11, 2006

No Really...It's An Update Post

To everyone who checks this blog frequently- I apologize for not posting anything worthwhile lately. I've had a severe case of writer's block that just would not let go. I even had trouble writing letters to friends and all I had to do was basically answer their questions! lol. So I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things and let you know how life with the heathens is going. For a new twist I'm also going to talk about myself once in awhile too. *insert applause and whistling here*

I have finally realized that I definately have too many blogs which I think is part of why I can never write here anymore. I have a homeschool blog for our "school" stuff, a medical type blog for our MEN2a and cancer stuff, and then this one. Having so many blogs has made it hard to blog here because I'm not left with a whole lot to talk about after I post to the others.

A huge part of our lives are homeschooling, MEN2a, and cancer. In fact, all three play a part in every single day of our lives and when I start dividing everything up into piles of medical, homeschooling, and life in general I find that I've already used all my good stuff on the first two with not much left for the last! :) Thus the reason why this blog has been dying a slow death.

So... I need to rectify this somehow but I'm not sure how to go about it. I honestly don't think people want to hear constantly about Lil Man's funny sayings, Sis' sweetness or sassiness, and Big B's sulky teenager drama. Do they? I know other blogs do that but are there people out there who actually want to hear the little things like that about my family? If so, please feel free to comment and let me know because I could definately blog quite often in that case. lol.

For today's update-

--Lil Man is a smartmouth who doesn't listen yet is so comical about it that you can't help but turn your head and laugh behind your hand ("Uh, Daddy if you are here then we DO have an adult and can stay home. HELLO").

He's fully potty trained now but still has accidents first thing in the morning. I don't mind the accidents but leaving the pull-up on the floor instead of throwing it away is driving me bananas! Rotten child, throw it away!

We read from a Magic Treehouse book every night (two chapters at a time) and we're on #11 so far. I can't believe how much he loves those books! He now wants me to make him Jack and Annie bendy dolls along with a ton of others. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing yet. :)

--Sis has been rolling her eyes so hard lately that I seriously worry that they are going to just keep rolling and looking like a slot machine waiting to hit payout. She has also very sweetly been playing with Lil Man to which her reward has been him telling her constantly "I wuv you Sissy. You a good Sissy and very nice too. Can you play with me some more"? lol. How can she resist?

She has been enjoying volunteering at the Wildlife Rescue (for more on that read our homeschool blog) and hanging out with her friends. I am so thankful for homeschooling because my daughter now makes friends who accept her for who she is and don't try to change her. I don't get asked anymore for butt showing skirts, crop tops, or shoes with heels on them (which was a constant battle in PS). She has been able to make friends with people of all ages and everyone in the circle (gated community we live in) loves her. She's the local dogwalker and petsitter and doing a great job of it too!

--Big B went to a friend's house yesterday to hang out which was a very good thing with him. Most of his friends since starting to homeschool (actually IN public school too come to think of it) have been girls so his chances of getting to go hang out at someone's house have been slim to none. Yesterday he played basketball, video games, and even got to drink some Big Red which he hasn't done in years. Big B is also contemplating getting a part time job here soon so he has some money of his own.

--Vin basically works, sleeps sometimes, is a bear when he hasn't slept, and enrolled in college classes for the fall semester. I was very proud of him for doing that and also very envious as well. I don't have much to report on him because well, his life is almost as boring as mine. :)

--Me... I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Literally. If it's not one thing it's another and instead of just getting whiny and crying I get pissed off and stressed out. I'm kind of dumb like that. lol. I wanted to go to college this fall but that didn't happen for many reasons. I'm not going to go into it just simply because it stresses me out.

What else? Oh, according to the doctor's office I've lost 8lbs since December but according to our scale I've only lost 4lbs. Which one is probably right? I don't feel like I've lost 8lbs so with my luck our scale is right. Bugger! I'm starting a new diet on Monday though and hopefully that will help. It's not some fad diet either but mostly just trying to get myself to eat regularly and hopefully lose some weight. I'm going to try to start some sort of exercise as well but it's hard when I hurt all the time (from the fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathy BS). I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to start exercising even with the pain and just deal with the effects afterward. I hurt everyday anyway so screw it...might as well enjoy it! ;) Wish me luck.

Other than that alot of our days are pretty much the same and boring which is why I don't post them here. Maybe I should do like some of those MB'ers seem to do and follow my kids around with a notebook waiting for something cute and newsworthy to post. *snort* Nahhhh, my kids might start thinking I like them or something and we can't have that can we? That leads to all that mushy kissy stuff and I hate that....really... I do... okay quit laughing dammit!

Take care and thanks again for reading especially if you just read all that! And drop a chic a comment letting her know you were here...sheesh, it's not like I can't see you on my statcounter people! Show some love. I promise I'll give ya lovin's back. *wink wink nudge nudge*

7 comments:

Frankie said...

Ah, I love reading about your life -- the cute little things kids say, what's going on, the good and the bad.

BTW, I saw your photo at dot moms and you absolutely a cutie pie!

I'm so sorry that you're in pain all the time -- I admire your determination to exercise anyway. I'm in pain a lot too but only because I'm so friggin fat that my body aches -- you're giving me some inspiration to get off my fat a$$.

I've been trying to start Weight Watchers all summer, have lasted a day every time I try. I think I'll join you and start exercising on Monday and try just watching what I eat.

Mom of All Seasons said...

Noooooo. I love hearing about your kidlets. It's good to know that I'm not the only mom around with a sarcastic, eye-roller.

I sincerely hope the exercise helps your pain levels.

Marsha Loftis said...

love your blog setup here. It is very nice. You write very well. I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I was here again. I looked for updates a few times and I was sad there were none. Write whatever you feel. That's what makes you interesting! I love coming here and checking out the scene with you and your little "heathens". (Which I am so sure they are not)

Eye rolling, by the way, is a pre-requisite to womanhood. C'mon, you knew that didn't you? (Eye rolling with a srug here)

Keep writing. I love reading!

Jo said...

Frankie- I'd be more than happy to have a WL buddy. :) Shall we email each other daily saying "Get off your ass wench!". LOL.

Thank you all for the comments. I will try to post about us more often.

Meg- I still owe you an email and I likes it when you call! :D At least if I get to hear your voice once in awhile I won't be such a baby and miss you guys so much. lol

Elderfaery said...

Yes. Keep posting. That is an order. *eek* sorry, I'll take my bossy boots off. Seriously, it is a real heartener to read your posts:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo,
As always, I am inspired by your strength. I still have that e-mail that you sent me about survivors at that most horrible time in my life. Thank you so much for being such an inspiration.
Much love,
Corinne