Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I've Been Tagged...Damn Her!

My blogfriend, Joy, has tagged me for the book meme going around so here it goes...

A book that changed my life- Honestly? There hasn't been one yet. I've read probably thousands of books over the years and none have really been life changing. :( I think the closest I've come so far is Robert Fulghum's "Everything I Needed To Know I learned In Kindergarten". I read that book during a very rough time in my life and being able to let go, realize that life goes on, and laugh at myself were things I really needed to learn.

Right now I'm reading Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain A Survival Manual (2nd Edition) by Devin Starlanyl and hoping beyond hope that it brings me life changing info to help with my Fibro and CMP.

A book I've read more than once- Every book Robert Fulghum has written (own them too. lol)

A book I would take with me if I were stuck on a deserted island- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Hey, if I'm going to be stuck on some stinking island I might as well have a thick "fluff" book because it's going to be a longgggggggg wait! ;) Of course, I think the all in one Chronicles Of Narnia book by CS Lewis is much thicker. Maybe I'll take that. hehe

A book that made me laugh- Be Happy or I'll Scream by Sheri from Bob & Sheri in the Morning (radio program). I couldn't help but laugh because she sounded so much like me and was VERY realistic about how we moms think of our kids, husbands, jobs, homes, and family at times. I definately recommend it.

A book that made me cry- I'd have to agree with Joy on Flowers for Algernon. Totally mindblowing book.

A book that I wish had been written- A book on how to make deadbeats pay their child support without fail. No excuses, no maybes, just plain straight "How To Hire A Henchman And Not Be Traced" and other knowledge filled chapters. Ahhhh I'd like to say I'm kidding but no... no I'm not.

A book that I wish had never been written- Any book the Pearls have written! Their books are good for ass wiping and that's about it because they're shit plain and simple. Agree with me or don't it doesn't matter.

A book I've been meaning to read- Actually I have a few I've been trying to read like Pride & Prejudice, Einstein Didn't Use Flash Cards, and A Yellow Raft In Blue Water. Sadly I have no clue when I will find the time to read them.

I'm currently reading- The afore mentioned Fibro and CMP book, a book about getting your kids to do chores without bitching constantly, and whatever Magic Treehouse Book I happen to be reading to my Lil Man that week.

Blogs I'm tagging- Ummmm I have no clue who hasn't been tagged yet. So if you haven't been tagged and want to do this just leave a comment and I will list you here as tagged. :) Come on, you know you wanna!

There Joy, I did your damn meme! I'll get you my pretty! :p

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do NOT take this as a request to be tagged. Reading is so far down on my list of things to do these days. Pathetic really.

That said - I would love to hear what gems you are gleaning from the Fibro book. Mine is kicking my ass so bad. I told Axel yesterday to kill me now. Sweetheart that he is said he wouldn't kill me, just love me. :) Any tips on sleep? I swear that is the key to it. My sleep sucks beyond sucking. The Amitriptylene does shit for me. I have been on every sleeping aid possible and they all are shit shit shit.

Oy - who me, a whiner? sorry!
gentle hugs. (((((Katie))))

www.divinelycrafty.com

Cyn said...

FWIW, Sinemet CR has helped me and my daughter (who also has fibro) to sleep better).

contemplator said...

:D I knew you'd have something fun to talk about (except the fibro stuff :( )!

Bring it, Jo!