1. I'm 33, my body feels 83, and my spirit wants 23 back.
2. I’m 6’ tall and hate it! Do you know how hard it is to find tall men who don’t want to date short women? Ugh!
3. My husband and I have been together 8 years as of May 6th.
4. I have three children ages 17, 13, and 5.
5. This is my third marriage. My first one was at 16 years old because we were pushed into it, my second was at 24 years old and just a bad match, and then this one. Sometimes you have to go through the crappy ones to get to the good one.
6. I’m embarrassed that I’ve been married three times.
7. I am pro-choice and no that doesn't mean pro-abortion. Abortion hurts pro-choicer's hearts too but so does the thought of women being treated like cattle and told what they can and can't do with their bodies. We've already seen what that leads to. I'm also for/pro-troops but that doesn't mean I'm for this shitty Iraq war.
8. My oldest two children and I have a rare genetic disorder called MEN2a (Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia type 2a). Basically it's a gene screw up that causes endocrine cancers.
9. I've only known I had it for three and a half years now which is why we didn't catch one of the cancers in time.
10. I feel guilty that my oldest two kids inherited MEN2a from me even though I didn’t know about it before they were born.
11. I'm a two time cancer survivor but I will always live with/or die from one of the cancers because it is metastatic.
12. My oldest two kids also had medullary thyroid cancer but it was removed (along with their thyroids) in March of 2005. They are forever through with that cancer.
13. I hate my mother better known as "the egg donor".
14. I have no clue who my father is. Another reason I hate my mother.
15. I wish I could lose 30lbs.
16. I bite my nails and have since I was a child. It's a nervous habit that has never gone away.
17. I'm addicted to warm "fuzzy" socks in the winter. Chenille are my favorites.
18. I love to go barefoot or wear sandals.
19. I have Adult ADD. Another thing I found out late in life.
20. I have three siblings that I know of, there could be more, and I only talk to my sister who I’ve only known less than 10 years.
21. I gave birth to all three of my kids without painkillers and I’m proud of it! The first time I didn’t get to choose, the second kid came too fast to choose, and the third I decided “Why not!” and just did without.
22. I almost died giving birth to my daughter/second child due to the placenta getting stuck and hemorrhaging.
23. I blame her father for everything bad in that pregnancy and dislike him even now. I don't obsess about it though or even waste a second most days thinking about it.
24. My first husband is a deadbeat loser who owes me over $20,000 in child support. He does everything he can to get out of paying even though he knows his son has medical needs.
25. I wholly believe the Child Support System in this country is set up to help the deadbeats and not the children.
26. I’m a non-Christian.
27. If I had to say I was something it would be Atheist with Buddhist leanings. I know, it only makes sense to me.
28. I homeschool all three of my kids by their choice.
29. I'm left-handed (big shock I know).
30. For awhile I blogged for money but now I like doing reviews for companies more.
31. My husband and I “met” on AOL in a chatroom.
32. I couldn’t stand him because he typed like an illiterate redneck. lol.
33. I honestly am a natural blonde. Do you think I would dye my hair dishwater blonde?? Ew
34. My dream place to live is Tuscany.
35. I love being a mother and my kids are my truly world.
36. I’ve learned from my husband that relationships are hard so you have to fight for them.
37. He’s also taught me that people can change if you just give them time and love.
38. I hate housework. It’s evil! Unfortunately it doesn't take care of itself so I still have to do it.
39. I had the great joy of getting to breastfeed all three of my kids.
40. I've written for DotMoms, TheWholeMom, Our Family Village, and reviews for Parent Bloggers Network, MotherTalk, and MomCentral (as well as for companies) but I've been slow the last few months due to illness.
41. When I am writing I like to do product reviews and write articles for parenting sites the most.
42. I’m an abuse survivor from my childhood and young adulthood.
43. I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain. I’ve been in pain for three years straight now.
44. I know more than most doctors about MEN2a. That’s not a brag just fact.
45. My neck has a huge U-shaped scar on it from my second surgery.
46. This makes me feel hideously ugly and sad when people stare.
47. My husband lies and says I’m still beautiful which makes me love him even more.
48. As of November 2007 the cancer is back in my neck, under my jawline, under both armpits, in my right breast, and in both lungs which bites.
49. The only TV show I really care about watching is CSI:Las Vegas and that's because all my kids also like watching it. It's fun to sit and try to solve the cases early with them.
50. I’m a stay at home mom because I am on Social Security Disability. Considering I have metastatic cancer, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, nerve damage, vertigo, and about 40 million other things I've pretty much been deemed unemployable. It's a cut to the ego but I understand why it must be this way. Believe me, it's NOT because of the money! My work experience was primarily bartending and waitressing so I lived off of tips.
51. My husband doesn’t get the love and appreciation he deserves from me and the kids.
52. I’ve been addicted to soda for 32 years. My mother put Milk & Pepsi in my bottle as a child.
53. I’m afraid of dying before my kids become adults.
54. The reason I’m afraid is because I worry that they will forget me and the lil one won’t remember me.
55. I have already set up plans to be cremated when I die and have even bought a memorial urn for each of the children to keep some of my ashes in. Actually, they got to pick them out.
56. I think being buried is creepy and gross. Dead or not, I don’t want bugs eating me!
57. I don't really have a favorite food. There are several that I like but all in all, food really doesn't appeal to me.
58. I got my driver's license when I was 19 years old AND six months pregnant with my daughter.
59. Just the sight of Sweet Potatoes makes me violently ill. Bad childhood memory.
60. I am vehemently against the War in Iraq but I support the troops and respect them.
61. I can say “nuclear” correctly which is more than I can say for the President. ;)
62. People think I’m intelligent but I think I’m not.
63. I’ve had a low self-esteem my whole life in big part due to abuse.
64. My husband says I worry too much about everyone else and not enough about myself.
65. I think I’m a selfish person.
66. I have a hard time forgiving people who have hurt me or my kids.
67. Oddly, I don’t have a favorite color. Liking Blue is as close as I get.
68. I can’t stand people who drive slowly in the passing lane. The left lane is for PASSING PEOPLE!!!!
69. I want to go to college for my degree majoring in Forensic Science and minoring in Philosophy.
70. I have very strong opinions about the bad things organized religion does to society.
71. I keep those opinions to myself because I hate overbearing preachy people and would hate to be one. I also believe everyone should be allowed to believe what they want without someone telling them that it's wrong.
72. My youngest son watches wayyyyyyy too much Animal Planet but I let him because he loves it.
73. I don’t know how to whistle. Seriously, I can't whistle at all.
74. Hyperparathyroidism has ruined my teeth so I hate to smile.
75. My nationality/ancestry is “Mutt”. I have no clue what all I am.
76. I know I’m funny and love to make people laugh.
77. I’ve never been out of the continental U.S. but I would love to.
78. I love my husband for caring enough and working hard to give us a home.
79. When my oldest two kids were little I moved them way too much for really stupid reasons.
80. Being a single mom sucks! Especially if you have no job skills. Single parents don't get half the recognition they deserve.
81. I use to be addicted to the Internet and spent most of my time on it.
82. It took me four years to break that addiction.
83. I don’t make a very good Tooth Fairy. I fall asleep and forget then I have to make up stupid excuses so the kids don't find out the truth.
84. I would love to live in an environmentally friendly commune away from our crappy society.
85. I’m either too lazy, too sick, or lacking energy to exercise yet I still complain about my weight.
86. My oldest son is turning into a fantastic man and that makes me both proud and sad.
87. I admire and love the stubbornness in my daughter. I hope she grows up to be the strong woman that I never was.
88. My youngest son has taught us all how to laugh and enjoy life again. He's one of the funnest people I know.
89. My Buddha and Quan Yin statues bring me a sense of peace that nothing else (material) is able to.
90. I cry at the end of “Armageddon” (with Bruce Willis and Liv Taylor) every single time I watch it!!
91. I want to grow a garden but I have a black thumb and can’t grow anything. We keep trying container gardening though and hope to succeed eventually.
92. I want to learn the Mulan style of Tai Chi so I can relax and also dance with fire fingers and fans.
93. I want to learn how to bellydance.
94. I can’t do a cartwheel. Never could even as a child.
Saturday, March 10, 2007
1. I'm 33, my body feels 83, and my spirit wants 23 back.