Sunday, April 08, 2007

Definately Feeling The Love!

Thanks to a few hits on the ol' Statcounter, I found out that our homeschool blog, Sona Creidhe, has been nominated on Homeschool Blog Awards. We are in the Best Variety category! Isn't that coooooooool?

I definately wasn't expecting that one! There are so many great blogs in all the categories and it is definately humbling to be nominated among them. Be sure to check the lists of nominees out and vote (starting Monday) for the ones you really like. I'm not saying ya have to vote for us or anything but....Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket well, I'm just saying. LOL just kidding!

Thanks to ADHDaddy for posting THIS! If you have been subjected to so many years of that irritating little explorer and her monkey that you hear that stupidass theme song of her’s in your sleep then you will LOVE that link!!!

Slide asshole! Lmfao.

In case you haven't noticed yet, I've added a blogroll on the right of just the daddies. I figured they deserved some linkie love too an there are alot of really great daddybloggers out there too. There are also a few new mommies that I've come across lately that are real fun to read.

I hope all my Christian friends had a good Easter. We usually do the Easter Bunny thing here but this year the Easter Bunny was exhausted because she only got two hours of sleep (thanks to three chapters of psychology definitions so she couldn't pull her lazy ass out of bed to put anything out. Pathetic I know).

The older two are over the bunny thing so it's just the little guy this year getting a basket. So what did we do? Well, in typical bad family form we lied and told Lil Man that the Easter Bunny comes tomorrow. Seriously. I wish I was making this shit up.We are that horrible.

So today was spent not talking about it being Easter and avoiding anything on TV that announced it was Easter Sunday. All I can say is I am soooooooooo glad I haven't taught him how to read a calendar yet!

I'm already going to be paying for therapy bills when the other two are adults, might as well damage the youngest one now and get it over with. *snort*

10 comments:

Frankie said...

I saw that you were nominated and I voted for you! =)

I am laughing about the tomorrow is Easter thing. I see nothing wrong with that at all. We went shopping yesterday afternoon and everything Easter was 50% off already and I was thinking...why didn't we wait!

Life As I Know It said...

"Well, in typical bad family form we lied and told Lil Man that the Easter Bunny comes tomorrow. Seriously. I wish I was making this shit up.We are that horrible."

LOL! THAT is great! Eh, what they don't know won't hurt them, right?
Hope the Easter Bunny got a better night's sleep last night!

Pamela said...

Hey Jo~

Came across this and just knew you were the right person to share it with... Love to hear your thoughts on the good doctor's advice!

http://blinkytreefrog.livejournal.com/80660.html

Jo said...

Frankie- I wanted to go after Easter shopping but SOMEONE (not mentioning a certain husband's name or anything) decided to get another cat instead.

How the hell does a cat even begin to compare to half price chocolate??

Chris- the Easter Bunny woke up with a migraine, growled at the "Fat Rooster", got the kid his loot, grabbed some caffiene, and proceeded to call a cat that we had over the weekend the "c word" and I ain't talking about the word "cat". ;) Thankfully she has gone bye bye and the Easter Bunny is now sitting on her fat fluffy ass.

Easter Monday was a success. Yeah me.

Pam- that is too damn funny!! I saved that to use later. lol. I keep forgetting to email you to check on you and get the girls together. Call me anytime even just to talk and take care of yourself.

One Mother with Cancer said...

Been there done that (but for Christmas)

Kids have to have something to complain about, might as well be something that you actually did...

Great page.

One Mother with Cancer said...

Been there done that (but for Christmas)

Kids have to have something to complain about, might as well be something that you actually did...

Great page.

rachel said...

congrats on the nomination! woo-hoo!

I am anxiously awaiting the dora thing to load. Our house looks like Nick Jr exploded inside. *rolls eyes*

My husband's bio mom used to celebrate Christams on Epiphany so she could do all the sales. So you could celebrate on Easter Monday! Or the Greek Orthodox Easter.m

Lill said...

My nephew's birthday is October 28th. When he was four, my brother told him Halloween was his birthday party. When he was five, he didn't buy it.
I went, I saw, I voted. Hope you win.
Lill

Pop said...

Thanks for the link to ADHDaddy.

Can you break a 50?

Jo said...

Thank you all for letting me know that it is perfectly acceptable to lie about what day a holiday is one. I plan on messing with Halloween and Christmas too. Woooo this is gonna be fun! ;)

Pop- what are your thoughts on Robert Blake? LMAO