Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We're Breast Obsessed...

It's funny how sometimes we bloggers end up choosing the same topics to write about. Last week I saved these two pictures- Tori Spelling breastfeeding pic and Maggie Gyllenhaal doing same so I could blog about them at a later date and give them a big thumbs up! I was so happy to see these celebrity moms being so real and not worrying about what people might think.

Well, it seems that as I was saving and planning, other bloggers were actually DOING. As usual I'm a day late and about ten bucks short but now I can not only talk about Tori and Maggie but now these other bloggers too! :)

Erin at Queen of Spain (her and the Kaiser actually have sex so I make sure never to read her blog when Hubby Guy is around. He might start getting it in his head that he's suppose to be getting some too ya know!) is so sick of remarks by stupid people about breastfeeding/showing that she's decided to free the puppies in support of bare breastfeeding boobies.

I'd say she's doing several things here...

*- The bitch is showing off by releasing the twins because somehow she MUST know my boobs are ten times smaller than her's. She has cleavage even without a push-up bra damn her!

*- I think she's looking for some beads to decorate the twins there. They look so lonely. Don't you think some green and purple would just make them perk right up?? Oh and glitter too! And a few feathers..... what was I saying? Oh yeah...

*- If you ever thought I was blunt then honey, this woman has it down to an art form. You wanna say breastfeeding tits are gross? Well here's a monitor full of them for ya! lol. Great gal and kudos to her! Don't think Erin is alone in her feelings either because Kristie at Slacker-Moms-R-Us has posted some beautiful pics of her and her lil one nursing. That last one is just heart melting!

It's not only women who are sick of the stupid comments about breastfeeding, Karl whipped his out in support of Erin too! This guy is great but why does he have my husband's chest? Hmmmm maybe he's Italian too. lol I'm so proud of all these men and women who are saying "Screw you, boobies ain't just for playin' tune in Tokyo with"!

Now you didn't think I'd do this post without adding MY two cents did ya? I'm not endowed with a heaving bosom like the Queenie there so I'm afraid you luck out on me flashing the puppies (or in my case the guppies). I do however have two not only breastfeeding pictures to share but EXTENDED breastfeeding pics at that! Yes, I'm one of those weirdos who nursed their kid past the age of two years! To be honest, the only reason we quit when we did was because I had to have my first cancer surgery and the steroids I have to be on wouldn't have been good for MonkeyBoy.

These pictures are from when the little guy was around 22 months old. Every time I look at these pics they remind me of what a beautiful experience breastfeeding was for us to share. It's something I will never ever regret. I'm so proud of my breastfeeding time that I wrote about it on ClubMom's Story From The Heart. Feel free to head over and read- Two Years, Nine Months, and Three Days.

You can also now see these pics as part of the Queen's Tit Brigade. This is an ongoing thing so if you are a current or former breastfeeding mom then send in your pics too!!

For those of you who think breastfeeding mothers or pictures are gross, disgusting, and perverted then I have two things to say. 1- As Erin said "Get the fuck over it. It’s just a boob" and 2- why is it "normal" to show women's breasts in magazines, movies, pictures, and advertisements but when a breastfeeding mother discreetly nurses her child in public you get offended? It's okay to sexualize breasts and convince today and tomorrow's men that our tits are solely here for them to play with and whack to but how dare we even suggest that they might actually have an important function!

Thanks to the fact that I've taught my children that there is an actual functional use for breasts, I can take heart in knowing that my 16 year old son will walk past a big titted girlie magazine without a second glance (as he says "They're tits mom and they're all pretty much the same"), and no he's not gay so don't ask, but when he comes across a mother nursing her child in public he will smile at her and then immediately start looking for stupid people to glare at. LOL. I've taught him well and I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing my future daughter-in-law AND her breasts will be valued as more than just something that jiggles like Jello.

Oh yeah, warning some of those links lead to pictures of naked breasts blah blah blah yadda yadda void where prohibited this offer not available everywhere. ;)

7 comments:

Christy said...

Way to go!! Awesome post. I got so tired of the stupid and negative comments when I breastfed my children, it's not like it's natural or anything...geez. Who decided that breasts were only for men...oh yeah...men did.

Norm Deplume said...

Yay for boobs! But I won't be posting pics of mine anytime soon. ;)

One Wacky Mom said...

This was hysterical.

momof3feistykids said...

That is a lovely photo. Very natural and sweet.

http://steph-roomofmyown.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

Oooh! Everytime I see a breastfeeding pic my insides get all gooey and I want more babies.

Then I remember the sleep deprivation.

But garsh, that little guy is sooooo cute. I've got to go grab a random child and cuddle now.

Anonymous said...

I added a photo to it too. :) I'm just all about the boobs.

Slackermommy said...

Thanks for your support. I came to you after visiting a blog who slammed us (me in particular)for our boob photos.