Monday, January 21, 2008

Kickin' Off 2008!!

I didn't want everyone thinking I had disappeared again especially considering it's a brand new year. Hopefully 2008 will be a great year for everyone. I'm still having problems with fatigue but it's getting better each day.

I just wanted to post some fun things to kick off the new year. Nothing too serious to start you know? So here we go...

~ I guess Parent Bloggers Network liked the review I did on Printakid for them because they quoted me many times on their site. Go take a look! Isn't that cool??

~ Voting is going on for Blogger's Choice Awards which means LWH has another chance at Best Blog About Stuff. So don't embarrass me people, go vote and if you are up for an award let me know too. I love checking out and voting for other blogs as well.

My site was nominated for Best Blog About Stuff!

~ Over the last few months several friends have given me some more awards and I didn't get a chance to thank them. So Andrew, Janice, Angie, Christy, and anyone else I might have missed... thank you for always thinking of me. You can find ALL of Life With Heathen's awards HERE.

~ Thanks to some fantastic friends, I've been having alot of fun snapping pictures with my snazzy new camera and hopefully I'll get to share some really great pictures with you soon. The hard drive went out on my computer but it's almost back up to par which means I'll be uploading pics soon and then I can show off how awesome my new camera is! I'm so excited!!

~ In a few weeks a very lovely friend of mine will be arriving from England to stay for a bit. She has fibromyalgia as well (only the poor dear has it much worse than I do) and is coming back to the States to seek treatment at a clinic in Denver. I'm looking forward to watching her progress and if it works out for her I will definitely be looking into the clinic for myself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the folks at this clinic will be able to bring her some relief to the constant pain she's been in. I can't wait to have her here, load ourselves up on painkillers, and just sit and do nothing but talk to each other. LOL. Hey, when you have fibro that IS a good time! *snort*

~ The only thing I even have to complain about right now is another stinking sinus infection. :( Actually I think I've got both a cold and sinus infection. Yay, fun for me. So far the only one of the kids who has it/may have given it to me is Big B. He's been just as miserable as I have for the last three days. Poor kid. Tomorrow I'm having some antibiotics called in to try to get rid of this and then no biggie.

10 comments:

Life As I Know It said...

Hope you feel better soon. I had a terrible sinus infection over the holidays. Not fun!

Kudos on the PBN review!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Glad you're feeling better. I tried to call last week but no one answered the phone. That is probably a good thing cuz you really didn't need to hear about my near psychotic experience, ym teen and hub going at it, Riley's concussion or me being 1 week behind in school.

I love ya gal and care how you are doing. Way cool about the friend from England. HUGS.

Oh and someone nominated me for Best Humor Blog, bwahahaha. I thought I was a family blogger??????????????????????

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I'm praying for u to have better time soon. wish u all the best.

Anonymous said...

I noticed the PBN review! very cool!

that visit with your friend from England sounds lovely. I'd love to hang out with you on painkillers! :)

Anonymous said...

But of course we did! You are always good for sound bites - thanks again!

Anonymous said...

You just got my vote.

By the way, I take it the tattoos are on hold for awhile?

Kali said...

Sorry to hear about the sinus woes...take good care of yourself. Thank God you don't have bed bugs (knocking on wood) :)

Lisa said...

hope you feel better soon!

Roland Hulme said...

I hope your friend has good treatment in Denver. I'm from the UK and am AMAZED how much better the care is in the US. Yes, I know, I know - we don't need to pay for healthcare in the UK. But I always say you pay your money and you make your choice - or if you get something for free, it's probably worth exactly what you paid for it.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better!