Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Happy Anniversary Babe!!

Today is mine and Hubby's EIGHT year anniversary! Yay us!! It has been a very long hard eight years and I honestly never expected us to make it this far. Our relationship is probably one of the oddest ones I've ever known of. Hubs and I are sarcastic people by nature. In fact, I think it's ingrained into our DNA. I swear, neither one of us can go through a single day without some smartass comment to the other one. People who aren't use to us might think we are arguing or being mean but in truth we are having fun seeing who can come up with "a good one". Odd I know but it works. I think I would have gotten bored long ago if Hubs didn't verbally spar with me.

Anyway- he works graveyard shift and I had my first appointment with a new rheumatologist today so we really didn't get to celebrate but he gave me a perfect card and wrote about the same memories that I wrote in HIS card. *snort* I also wrote him a heartfelt letter but he won't get it until morning because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like that and had to rewrite it three times. *sigh*

I did get to buy him some jellybeans though does that count? Even though I'm suppose to be on a no sugar diet I celebrated the day with a nice big slice of chocolate cake from Mario's (an Italian restaurant in ABQ). It was Heaven wrapped in chocolate I tell ya!

You might be surprised to learn that Hubs and I met on AOL in a chatroom. We started out as just friends and after six months of talking on the phone we knew there was something more there. I think it took us so long because I had just gone through a divorce in 1999 that tore me up pretty badly and he was on the tail end of a divorce himself (my ex wasn't a bad guy just too much of a mama's boy and we were both selfish. Hub's ex was just a fucking psycho!). In the end it all worked out though and eight years later here we are.

I guess it's a good thing that Match.com wasn't around back then because we might have never found each other! We are so different we NEVER would have been matched up! haha!

So again, Happy Anniversary Babe and here's to the next eight years.

9 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Match.com would never have picked my hubby and I for each other either. *LOL* Happy Anniversary.

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/

Meg_L said...

Happy, happy!

Here's to many more, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Bloghopping and I'm a random passerby but I feel compelled to comment on your comment on Match.com. That really cracked me up! I heard the Match.com process is a long and arduous one that at the end of the process you just end up wondering why you need a partner anyway. I'm attached, but I'd like to try it once just to see if what my friends say are true. Or maybe it's not Match.com? Hmm. Hmm.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary. =)

Killlashandra said...

Sounds like a good anniversary to me. We celebrated 3 years in February and barely made it out to dinner together. Or I should say tea. ;) I'm not sure my husband ever wants to go to tea again, but it was a hoot the first time.

I don't know how you're surviving a now sugar diet...my household would rebel if there weren't desserts and treats floating around.

Glad the cake was good though. :)

Homemom3 said...

Congratulations! Hope you had a nice Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats! Many more years to come!

Terry said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the meeting online stories. At first I thought they were so funny but now I can totally see how people really get together that way. :) Good for you two.

Jo said...

Thank you everyone. At one point I told Hubs that we should both sign up for Match.com just to see if we would be matched up. Then again with my luck he'd actually be matched with someone great and I'd be screwed!!! LMAO

He liked his letter... I think. He's not one to make a big deal over things. I'm just happy that we've been able to pull off eight years already.

*Tanyetta* said...

Happy Anniversary!