Sunday, July 05, 2009

Did You Have A Nice Fourth Of July?

I just wanted to do a quick post and say I hope everyone had a really nice day. Hopefully you had some fun, good food, and time with loved ones.

While I could do without most of the day personally, watching all the fireworks that my neighbors set off with the kids was really great. I must say that watching all the personal fireworks while sitting in my backyard went above and beyond anything we might have seen with the crowds in town.

For two hours people set off fireworks that lit up the sky and I honestly don't think there was a single break during that time. Very cool and enjoyable!

I would love to say we had a great bbq meal but alas we were stuck with the worst shrimp enchiladas I've ever had the misfortune of eating due to my husband's anal need to find a new recipe (the kids and I LIKE our regular recipe thank you very much). WHAT is wrong with grilling I ask you?

By unanimous decision the children and I are voting him out of all future participation in holidays. He only has himself to blame and hopefully he will learn his lesson. You don't mess with tradition. At the very least you don't cook nasty food and feed it to your family on a holiday. hahaha

Seriously though, enjoy your holiday weekend everyone and stay safe.Justify Full

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi there,
Seems like you had a ball on 4th of July.
We had a small get together at my house, watched the fireworks from my balcony but it was kinda cloudy, all of us wondering if someone could be getting shot and we wouldn't even know it because of all the noise.
It was totally eventful and at the same time satisfying : )
Regards;