Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Lost It In 'Nam...

Last week I was at the store with the Hyper Heathen (MonkeyBoy's new nickname) standing in line telling him "No" for the zillionth time when this woman just out of the blue asks me, "What happened to your tooth?". Now just so you know, I'm missing the third tooth over on the bottom front for clarification. Most people don't even notice it but for some reason Madam Rudeass did.

After I picked my jaw up off the floor (Who the hell asks a question like that??), the first thing I thought to say was, "I lost it in 'Nam". Before I could bask in how witty and funny I thought I was, without missing a beat the elderly gentleman in front of me popped out his dentures and said, "Those Vietnamese bastards got ALL of mine!".

His wife gasped, the cashier turned red, I burst out laughing, and the woman who asked the question in the first place just looked at the old man and I blankly.

That has to be one of the best replies to a rude question that I've ever heard!

Touché old guy. Touché.



1 comments:

Gwen said...

Bwahahahahaha! That is so awesome!